Giving back to our bays and beaches
Paradise Point, a top California eco-friendly hotel, is proud to support the Surfrider Foundation in an effort to protect the world's oceans, beaches, and waterways.
Founded in 1984 by a group of visionary surfers in Malibu, California, this grassroots nonprofit environmental organization today maintains over 60,000 members and 100 chapters worldwide. With over 75 miles of coastline to cover, San Diego represents one of the largest chapters of the Surfrider Foundation. The group's key initiatives have focused on clean water, beach preservation, Tijuana border sewage, cigarette butt litter and pollution by single-use plastics.
Since taking on the Surfrider Foundation as the hotel's official non-profit partner in 2012, Paradise Point's contributions to the organization have included:
- Raising over $40,000 for the San Diego Chapter since 2012
- Registering over 500 new members through the Paradise Surf Academy
- Host of San Diego Chapter's Annual Art Gala
- Site for California and International Chapter Conference
- Sponsorship of beach cleanups and educational events
To learn more about the Surfrider Foundation San Diego County Chapter's current programs and events, or to become a member, visit http://www.surfridersd.org/.