Top Activities for Small Meetings in San Diego
With over 11,000 hotel rooms and a 2.6 million-square-foot convention center, San Diego is a major conference destination. But don’t let the numbers fool you. A laid-back attitude, weather and aptitude for mixing business and pleasure make this big city the perfect setting for small meetings. Lower costs, flexible schedules and access to more intimate experiences are advantages to executive gatherings, but deciding on activities for small groups in a destination full of major attractions and points of interest can be daunting.
Enter The Event Team, an award-winning destination management company. With over 20 years of experience providing transportation, tours, teambuilding, event production, and entertainment to groups big and small, these are their top 10 recommended activities for small meetings in San Diego:
1. A competitive sailing regatta across the San Diego Bay or a leisurely sail aboard America, the world’s most famous racing yacht.
2. Set up an adventure rally, with team members traipsing around, finding clues, answering trivia, and snapping candid photos along the way. Include a philanthropic finale to this activity for small groups by incorporating a bike or bookcase-build for charity.
3. Take an up-close and personal look at exotic wildlife with a behind-the-scenes tour of the World-Famous San Diego Zoo or SeaWorld San Diego.
4. Head to the shores for a day of kayaking in and around La Jolla’s sea caves. It’s a great activity for small meetings in San Diego that allows participants to enjoy the coastline from a new point of view.
5. Plan a fun workout, San Diego-style, with an outdoor bootcamp, Zumba or yoga class. An array of serene settings and summer-like weather all year make it the perfect activity for small groups.
6. Delight taste buds with a farm-to-table cooking class — a unique teambuilding activity that’s informative, yet tasty.
7. Discover San Diego’s historical ties to the mafia and bootlegging industry on a walking tour of Little Italy or downtown’s Gaslamp District.
8. Take advantage of America’s beer capital and sip your way around San Diego with a local brewery tour.
9. Plan an Outrigger canoe adventure in tranquil Mission Bay, a favorite activity for small meetings who are seeking something more active.
10. Take an exhilarating bicycle ride from one of San Diego’s best view points, Mt. Soledad, down to the nearby beach.
To make exploring during your small meeting in San Diego even easier, stay at a centrally located hotel that offers unique teambuilding activities both on-site and nearby. Just 10 minutes from the San Diego International Airport in the heart of this Southern California city, Paradise Point’s 44-acre island has guestrooms clustered throughout the property’s tropical gardens and beaches, allowing small groups to call a corner of the campus their own. Five dining venues, meet-and-sleep executive suites and intimate boardrooms overlook Mission Bay, which is overflowing with opportunities for fun outdoor activities for small meetings.