Teenage To-Dos at San Diego’s Top Family Resort
Recently named the only San Diego family resort on American Airlines’ list of the top 20 best family resorts, we know a thing or two about keeping the entire clan content on vacation. And yes, that means even those tough-to-please teens and tweens. Paradise Point’s insulated island setting provides plenty of room to roam, convenient connecting rooms, and is teeming with teen-friendly resort features and activities that accommodate their innate need for a little independence and your longing for a break.
This summer, add a few of these teen-friendly resort activities to your itinerary for a memorable San Diego family resort vacation that even your most difficult adolescent will love:
- Dive-in Movies – Catch Hollywood stars from a lounge chair or pool float underneath the stars with family movies at the Main Pool every Saturday night.
- The Putting Links – What could be better than beating Mom and Dad at a match of mini-golf on our 18-hole putting course?
- Surf Academy – Let them learn to hang ten with a three-hour surf lesson that includes transportation to and from Mission Beach.
- Kid & Teen Spa Services – The Spa at Paradise Point is also San Diego’s top family resort spa, offering a variety of spa services for children and teenagers including ice cream pedicures, packages, and special events.
- Beach Cruisers – Teens can explore our private 44-acre island on their own via beach cruisers or four-wheeled surreys.
- The Watersports Camp – Ages 6-17 have the chance to learn a new water activity every day during this five-day program that combines summer camp and summer vacation at our teen-friendly resort in California.
- Beach Bonfires – Gather the whole family around one of our 12 bonfire pits scattered along the beach or send your teens, s’mores kit in hand, to one of our poolside gas-powered pits.
- Poolside Activities – Saturday afternoons, teens can take part in complimentary staff-led arts and crafts and games at the Main Pool.