Sustainable Practices by San Diego’s Top Green Hotel
As one of the top green hotels in San Diego, Paradise Point Resort & Spa strives to protect its surrounding environment of 44 tropical acres, as well as the natural settings beyond its shores and across the globe through green hotel practices. Sustainable initiatives can be found in every aspect of the this green hotel on Mission Bay, from LED lighting to a paperless system for applications and purchase order forms. However, Paradise Point has really elevated its green San Diego hotel status in recent years through partnerships with some of the city’s key environmental organizations.
Partnering up with the Surfrider Foundation’s San Diego Chapter since 2012, Paradise Point has helped raise over $40,000 in a commitment to protect local San Diego beaches and waterways, earning the Partner of the Year award from the organization in 2013. The green hotel has also hosted the conference for Sustainable Brands, an international community of eco-friendly companies, for three consecutive years. Most recently, Paradise Point was selected as Recycler of the Year in the City of San Diego’s 2014 Waste Reduction and Recycling Awards Program for its outstanding recycling and composting efforts.
These partnerships along with other continuous sustainable practices have undeniably made Paradise Point one of the top green hotels in San Diego. Other top green hotel initiatives include:
- All-electric car2go car-sharing program for guest use around San Diego
- Optional bath towel re-use program available in guestrooms
- Refillable dispenser systems for bathroom amenities to eliminate individual packaging waste
- The use of electric carts around the green San Diego hotel by staff members
- LED lighting used throughout the property and limited lighting when possible
- The use of "Green Seal Certified" bathroom cleaners and carpet solutions