Love Scavenger; Discovering Romantic Spots in Mission Bay
If a little adventure is what your valentine seeks, then an exciting hunt through clues might be the best way to romance them. With 4,000 acres of parks, calm waters, and sandy shores, the Mission Bay area offers many of San Diego’s most romantic and scenic spots, and a scavenger hunt with personalized touches is the perfect way to explore it all with the one you love.
For a unique Valentine’s Day in San Diego, send your sweetheart on an outdoor quest where they’ll see the best of Mission Bay with these romantic scavenger hunt guidelines:
Begin by selecting a starting place.
- Try and choose a sentimental location significant to your relationship, like where you had your first kiss, frequent visited locations, or your favorite park.
- For those visiting San Diego, we recommend starting your romantic trek atop Paradise Point’s 80-foot observation tower, which provides a 360-degree view encompassing Mission Bay, Mission Beach, Pacific Beach, La Jolla, and Ocean Beach. It will get you and your date excited about everything you’re about to explore!
Select the duration of the game and various locations.
- How long do you want your loved one searching for clues? Duration of game can give you time to get ready for or prep for your surprise.
- To add an extra element to the hunt, mix forms of transportation and explore Mission Bay’s most romantic spots by using a beach cruiser, Segway, sailboat, stand-up paddle board. We recommend stopping at the Model Yacht Pond, Giant Dipper rollercoaster, Crown Point and exploring Paradise Point’s lush gardens and serene lagoons.
- A visit to the hotel's famed Sweetheart's Tree, where you can add your initials to decades worth of romantic carvings, is a must. It's located at the northwestern-most tip of Paradise Cove, near room 419.
- To explore San Diego’s top romantic spots like Balboa Park, Mt. Soledad, Sunset Cliffs, or La Jolla Cove, try car2go.
- Clear, easy to read and understand that will lead them from one romantic Mission Bay spot to the next.
- Clues can be quotes or small love letters.
- Place inside small boxes or envelopes, wrapped in pink or red paper.
- Place clues at desired locations on day of scavenger.
Finish by selecting an exciting end location.
- Your final stop should be your grand finale. End your tour of Mission Bay’s most romantic spots with dinner at a romantic San Diego restaurant like the waterfront Baleen, surprise couples’ spa treatments, or just an intimate beach bonfire for two complete with s’mores and a bay view.