Healthy Kids Recipes from Paradise - Yogurt Confetti Pops
March is National Nutrition Month and although a healthy lifestyle is important at all ages, it's key to establish healthy eating habits at a young age. That's why we're holding the first-ever Healthy Kids Recipe Contest. Just submit a delicious & nutritious recipe your kids love at www.KidsRecipeContest.com and you could win a trip for four - including airfare - to any full-service Destination Hotels & Resorts property (including Paradise Point!).
Need some inspiration? Try out this sweet, cool snack perfect for spring break and straight from the Paradise kitchen.
These Confetti Yogurt Pops are the perfect cool and easy snack for the kids during a warm spring break. Low-fat yogurt is an excellent source of calcium, and children love it when it's dressed up. To add taste and nutritional value, throw in some berries and granola for a homemade fruity yogurt pop that beats sugary store-bought frozen treats any day. This recipe makes 6 pops total and they're only 67 calories each.
- 2 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup assorted berries (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, chopped strawberries)
- 5 pretzel rods, halved, or 10 baked snack stick crackers
1. In a large bowl gently stir together the yogurt and fruit. Spoon into 4-ounce ice-pop molds or 3-ounce paper cups. Cover molds or cups with foil; use a sharp knife to cut a small hole in the foil and insert cut side of pretzel rod or snack stick. Freeze until firm. Remove foil and mold or cup before serving.
2. Store for up to a month. Makes 6 pops.