Earth Day in Paradise - Our Everyday Green Hotel Practices
On the Paradise Point island, the environment and our resort are intertwined as one, which is why we go to great lengths to protect it with eco-friendly hotel practices not just on Earth Day, but every day.
Here’s a quick look at some of the sustainable hotel practices that we implement on a daily basis:
- Sole use of “Green Seal Certified” bathroom cleaners and “Green Seal” carpet care solutions
- Refillable dispenser systems in our guestroom bathrooms for shampoo, conditioner and body washl eliminate individual packaging waste (Hotels dispose of more than 10 billion partly-used individually-packaged bars of soap and bottles of liquids every year!)
- Bathrooms feature low flow toilets and shower heads
- Use of Compact Fluorescent Lighting throughout our San Diego hotel
- Hotel staff get around the property via electric carts or bikes
- Maintain a collection of 450+ types of carbon-monoxide converting plants and flowers
While these are just a few examples of our commitment to helping the Earth, we are always looking to do more and become one of the most environmentally friendly hotels in San Diego. One of our upcoming green hotel projects include a spa garden where we’ll grow ingredients used in treatments right in our backyard.
What are some ways that you & your families go green at home? If you’re not thinking green at home yet, check out www.greeniq.com and calculate your family’s ecological footprint and find out ways you can lessen the impact you have on the environment.