6 Summer Skin Tips from Our San Diego Spa
It’s official: the sweetest, sunniest time of year is here! While a little bit of summer sunshine delivers a healthy boost to your mood and vitamin D levels, it’s important to stay protected from harmful UV rays for the most part.
Keep your skin looking vibrant and healthy this season with a few summer skin tips from our award-winning therapists at The Spa at Paradise Point. Working at one of the top spas in San Diego, where it’s sunny and 75° almost year-round, they know a thing or two about how to safely get your glow on this summer.
These summer skin tips will help shield you from sun damage, inside and out:
- Protect your skin with a mineral sunscreen that offers a physical barrier to reflect UV rays as opposed to chemical sunscreens that are absorbed into the skin. One of our favorite client products to achieve this summer skin tip is COOLA mineral sunscreen.
- To repair from sun damage, exfoliate regularly to remove dry damaged skin cells. Your skin will absorb serums and moisturizers better.
- If you plan on being outdoors after a facial, avoid microdermabrasion or peels that expose newly resurfaced skin to UV rays. Instead, choose hydrating and antioxidant-rich facials, such as our Retreat Facial that contains a boost of vitamin C, to help protect and replenish your skin.
- Plan on UV protection for your hair which can also be damaged by the sun, especially color treated hair. A hat or UV protectant spray like Eufora Elevate Finishing Spray can help eliminate damage to your strands and maintain your color.
- Ante up on the antioxidants by eating plenty of fruits like blueberries, cranberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, sweet cherries, plums, and apples, which will help you build resistance to the sun’s rays.
- Keep your skin hydrated by drinking lots of water.
Do you have any summer skin tips to add to our list?